09 March 2012

Review of Spring Flowers

Last week I was contacted by Yiota who asked if I would review one of her cross stitch kits. I spent an evening going through the kits and charts on the website, there were so many lovely ones to choose from. I made a short list and then showed the pictures to my husband and we agreed on Spring Flowers. I chose to have 28 count evenweave fabric rather than 14 count Aida.





Spring Flowers



Yesterday a large white board-backed enveloped came through the letter box, the kit had arrived.

When I opened the envelope there was a clear cello bag containing a picture of the project, bobbins with ready wound Madeira thread, white evenweave fabric, a needle, 2 A3 Black & White Chart sheets and a set of instructions.

The instructions were well laid out, easy enough for beginners to understand and to act as a reminder for more experienced stitchers. The chart was clearly printed and had a key for the Madeira threads and also the DMC equivalents. There was no sorting of threads, due the pre-wound bobbins, which is a good time saver.

I think the presentation of the kit was excellent and I am looking forward to adding this project to my rotation in the next couple of weeks. I have never used Madeira threads and am interested to see how they compare to DMC and Anchor.

2 comments:

  1. Hello

    Just found your blog.

    What a lovely design you chose.

    I look forward to seeing it in your rotation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so much for the review. I look forward to see your progress.

    ReplyDelete